I need a new Suzuki 96 Dt140 2 stroke Prop Shaft

Surfwtw

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1996 Suzuki DT140 2 storke outboard. The teeth on the prop shaft are stripped completely. I think that I replace the plastic boot wrong and this is waht caused it. Either way I need to instal a new prop shaft. Does anybody know where I can get one and if this is hard to do. Also what motors have a shaft that is compatible with this. I found a 1989 Suzuki Dt140 for sell and I was think I could use the prop shaft from that motor. Will that be compatable. I need your help because it is now boating season here in Destin. Thanks

Todd

dcdunbar

Cadet
Re: I need a new Suzuki 96 Dt140 2 stroke Prop Shaft

I've got a prop shaft for sale- i live on pensacola beach.

how can i contact you?
dave

Surfwtw

Seaman Apprentice

my number is 850-376-1472 What kind of motor did it come off of? Is is compatable with what I have?

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had one laying around but I think I tossed it. If I find it I can contact you.

Now, removing the damaged shaft could be difficult or it may go smoothly. The worst part is pulling the prop shaft housing. Most are corroded in place and require heating and tapping as well as the correct puller. Be sure not to break anything. If, for some reason, you need an entire lower unit when you look inside send me a PM. I have one that I reworked.