Suzuki DT65 Impeller

B16SNE

Recruit
Hi all, new to the forum and need some advice. I have recently acquired a Suzuki DT65 (1985) and it wasn't pumping water to good so we thought we change the impeller. The impeller looked fine but we replaced it anyhow. Now we are having real problems with getting the gear case and the part where the pump housing is to all line up. I cant seem to be able to move the gear linkage up or down, and there is a 5mm gap around the front of the plate where the pump housing is. It feels as if something isnt slotting into place which would make it all close up. Am i right in thinking that the prop should turn freely if the gear is in neutral? I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what the solution to it is!?

Regards

Steve

Duggy08

Cadet
Re: Suzuki DT65 Impeller

Hi not sure if you have solved your problem but I think I have the answer. I recently removed the lower unit from my DT65 following PDF manual but did not detache the clutch rod completely. When the lower unit is dropped it pulls the clutch rod up inside the gear case. The rod does not come out completely but what happens is there is a spring loaded gear selector in the gearcase which springs forward if the clutch rod is lifted out of position and this will not then allow the rod to go back in to place, hence you cannot get the lower unit back on. The only way to solve this is to remove the prop, then the gearcase front and all the gears to get to the cam and rod at the back of the gearbox. Good luck. You can view all the gearbox on www.brownspoint.com microfiche parts list for you year.

Hope this helps.

Graeme