Yamaha 250 Sxtxrz Remote Oil Tank ,rodbolt

Rodbolt, Still Cannot Get Oil From Remote, If Brown Wire Is Damaged Within The Ecu How Would That Affect My Diagostics, I Am Sure I Have The Right Harness But After The Connection From The Remote Oil Tank ' 4 Wires' Down Low On The Starboard Side The Brown Wire Continues On To An Other Conector Which Goes To A Manuel Tilt Switch Under The Cowling, The Ecu Has Signs Of Melting, The Motor Runs Fine, I Am At My Wits End, Its All The Origenal Harness And Never Gave A Problem In 8-9 Years Thank You

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 250 Sxtxrz Remote Oil Tank ,rodbolt

pay attention I am gonna tell ya just ONE more time.
the BROWN wire DOES not get 12V+ from the ECU.
at the blue connector on the engine the engine side is yellow, the remote tank side is brown.
unplug that blue connector, on the engine side with the key on engine off look for 12V between a good engine ground and the yellow.
if you have it plug the connector back up and do the same test at the pump brown wire bullet connector.
if you still have 12V+, test continuity between the pump blue wire bullet connector and the blue wire at the ECU.
ECU failure is incredibly rare, happens, expensive but just incredibly rare.
odds are in my favor, Ill bet a case of refreshing beverages, that you DO NOT have an ECU failure.
some ECU's look melted and like rocks are poking out the back.
kinda normal.
do you have a multi meter and are you in a position to chat with me on the phone while testing the boat?

cousinabe

Senior Chief Petty Officer

are you now doing phone-in support??!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

cousineabe
not much but this one is pissing me off.
either he cannot read or I cannot type.
but yes on a case by case I will pass out my phone number.
if you ever need it post me, not PM, and ill chat.
ya ever just wanna shoot the sheet about yamahas and we can do that.
post it.
I dont carry a cell phone and I am not home much but if ya get me Ill chat your ears off and kill phone batteries :) :)
at the end of the day I like the product I sell and service and I understand its gotten very expensive and fewer and fewer techs actually know what the #### they are talking about.
kinda like the MMI grad that was hired recently.
what an idiot and he says he paid 25K for what wrong training he got.
lucky for me, and him, he is good natured cause I aint.
he can handle me so far.
now I know why MMI offered me 28K a year as an instructor.
:) :)

Rodbolt, Thanks For The Reply Again, Ok One Thing That Is Cleared Up Is The Ecu Melting Issue, You Say Like Rocks Sticking Out The Back Thats Exactly What I Have, And Well Decribed May I Say. I Am In Nyc And A Little Away From The Boat, Going To Try To Get There Tomorrow If Rain Holds Off And Try Again And Will Report Back. I May Take You Up On Your Phone Conference If I Cannot Solve, Its Much Appreciated. I Have Lots Of Tools Multimeters Etc , And Can Use Them, Were Not Total Dummies Up Here, Its Just The Brown Wire Leaves The Blue Connector And Goes To A 3 Pin Connector And Then Two Wires Go To Trim Switch Below Cowling, How Do I Get Your No. Thanks A Lot