2001 suzuki 4 stroke stalls at idle when warm

jhomeless

Recruit
I use my 90 hp suzuki 4 stroke for missions with the US Coast Guard. It is very important that I can maneuver at slow speed for towing. Recently, the engine has begun stalling when idling or when going forward or backward at slow speed.
Has anyone experienced this. I wonder if a simple adjustment of the idle would do it. If so, can that be done easily? I have the manual for this engine.

Thank you.:confused:

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 2001 suzuki 4 stroke stalls at idle when warm

Check your primer bulb when it dies - does it need to be primed again? Is so then look for a leak - or best - just replace it. Then again, your idle - as mentioned- could use a little tweaking. Hopefully something very simple for you.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The ECM controls idle speed. There is no idle speed screw to mess with. There are other issues like low fuel pressure, idle air controller, etc. Time to visit the shop for diagnostic check.

jhomeless

Recruit

Thanks to those that replied. Have an appointment with the Suzuki mechanic. No idle adjustment on this engine. :(

mille73

Seaman Apprentice

What did the service shop find to be the issue?

clanton

Rear Admiral

If you have the OEM service manual, just trun the page to idle adjustment, very easy to set the idle.