Help Needed with Suzuki Control Box Wiring

parrot_king

Cadet
Can anyone tell me if a Suzuki 90's Year Model control box and looms/cables etc will fit a 2008 Suzuki dt40?

any help on this topic would be great

cheers mike

parrot_king

Cadet
Re: Help Needed with Suzuki Control Box Wiring

any help please people im really stuck on this one

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I think you have a 2008 DF40 not a DT40. DT = two stroke DF = four stroke. Suzy had no DT's in 2008 and I don't think the controls are compatible with the DT's because of the more sophisticated electrics on the four strokes.

parrot_king

Cadet

it is definitely a 2 stroke motor and i bought it september 2008 so i assume its a 2008 model.

do you know if the Suzuki NA12S control Box will fit as it works on both 2 and 4 strokes so i have heard on this site

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Because you bought it brand new in 2008 does not mean it is a 2008 model. It could be one, two, three or even more years older than that. The serial/model number will tell you what year it is. There are no two-stroke motors in the 2008 Suzy catalog.

parrot_king

Cadet

thanks for the info i will look up the model/serial number.

James R

Commander

Sorry, the DTs and the DFs use a different mechanical linkage in the remote. The DTs use a pull throttle and the DFs use a push throttle. The remotes can be changed internally but you need the correct linkage.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

DT40's are available in Australia, which I'm guessing parrot_king is from. Most likely his "90's control box" will work since 1998 was the first year for the 4-stroke engines. Your best bet would be to check with your dealer.

Southern Gent

Recruit

I own a Suzuki DT-40 1996 model. There is a Serial Number plate on the Mounting Bracket and also an ID Plate on the Pivot Bracket located below the Shifter side.