1996 yamaha 25 manual to electric start conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducksniper99

Recruit
I have a 1996 yamaha 25 hp outboard model # C25MSHU that is pull start only. It has been an excellent motor for several years. Rather than spend alot for a new electric start outboard or a used one with a questionable past, I would like to convert my outboard to an electric start.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? If so what are the part numbers for the components I would need? Is there a conversion kit available for this project and if so what is its part number?

Another option that I have considered is to find a similar motor that has been damaged in a way other than the electric start and use the old parts off of that motor to convert my motor. If this is a possibility, I would like to find someone with these parts to deal with.

I really appreciate any help I can get.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1996 yamaha 25 manual to electric start conversion

I dont think they make a kit anymore and you also have to change the flywheel as the C model did not have a ring gear.
best would be try to locate a blown electric 25 of about the same vintage.
make sure its also a 2 cyl 25 as there were a few years of a 3cyl 25.

scottcmb

Seaman
Re: 1996 yamaha 25 manual to electric start conversion

it like trying to locate a jar full of hens teeth!.......been there done that!!!....and all i needed was the starter motor, solenoid and wiring....cost of new wasnt worth it to me:)

onelikearock

Recruit
I have a 1996 yamaha 25 hp outboard model # C25MSHU that is pull start only. It has been an excellent motor for several years. Rather than spend alot for a new electric start outboard or a used one with a questionable past, I would like to convert my outboard to an electric start.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? If so what are the part numbers for the components I would need? Is there a conversion kit available for this project and if so what is its part number?

Another option that I have considered is to find a similar motor that has been damaged in a way other than the electric start and use the old parts off of that motor to convert my motor. If this is a possibility, I would like to find someone with these parts to deal with.

I really appreciate any help I can get.
Were you able to make the transition? I'm also looking for the same thing.
Thanks

MOD EDIT: Please review the rules about posting to old/dormant threads.

Closed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.