Suzuki flush attachment

granpafish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Haven't posted here in a while. I guess that is a good thing. We just purchased a used boat with Suzuki 200 4 stks. (2008) Where can I find the attachment for flushing. This would be the item that looks much like a regular garden hose attachment used for flushing with motor off. I have looked around a bit and haven't seen any. (not yet in a Suzuki dealer, that may be where I end up) Is there a generic one. I believe that the flush point is 3/4" and it is female on the motor. Thanks, Granpa

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Suzuki flush attachment

you don't need an adapter, you just screw your waterhose into the fitting...it's standard water hose threads.

granpafish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the quick response. I'm probably getting thick in my old age with all this. The problem I see if that you would have to turn the whole hose to screw it in. Honda has the same set up and there is an attachment that you screw into the motor with a loose collar that you can then thread onto the hose. Unfortunately the Honda is 1/2 " or less and the Suzuki is 3/4". I'm sure that I'm missing something obvious here but dementia must be taking hold cuz I can't figure it out.

granpafish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tech, I've been thinking about this and I think that I can take care of the problem by using a short length (2-3') of hose. I hadn't considered doing that.
Thanks again for your interest. Granpa

Guido4198

Recruit

The attachment you're looking for is "quick flush"...One part screws into the flush hole, and has a "pop-out" that retains the water when you're not flushing. You just connect the hose, and let her rip...then snap it off when you're finished. One caution...make sureyou put something on the threads before you screw it in place...you might want to remove it someday, and they're made of gray plastic...won't take a lot of torque.

granpafish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Guido, I've already made myself an 18" hose but I may pick up a "quick flush" also. Granpa