problem 2002 suzuki df30 4 stroke - help!!

crystalcoast

Recruit
I have a df 30 4 stroke that I've had problems with is since new. I've spent lots of money cleaning and replacing carbs. It has the 3 carb system.
My current problem is that oil is flowing back through the crankcase vent tube to the black box in front of the carbs. I think that this is current part of my current carb problem.
So much oil comes through it into that black plastic box in front of the carbs that it ends up running down the motor into the water.
Dealer took a look at it and said that he put 10W-50 oil in it and it should solve the problem. STILL DOES IT.
What could the problem be???

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

James R

Commander
Re: problem 2002 suzuki df30 4 stroke - help!!

From the parts drawings there is an oil relief valve associated with the oil pump. Could be that your oil pressure is too high and this relief valve may be the problem. I dont have a manual on this model so I can't help you more.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Wrong oil filter perhaps.

clanton

Rear Admiral

10W-50 is not going to help. If excessive oil is being blown out the hose, you have a cylinder/piston problem. If the hose is connected to the engine valve cover, remover the cover and check the baffle inside the cover, the baffle drain must be clear, Check cylinder leakdown with leakdown tester. If the rings have not seated or you have cylinder damage, blowby is blowing the oil out of the engine. If the dealer can`t solve the problem, a factory rep, is just a phone call away.