Suzuki 140 dying while running down lake

DMorris

Recruit
I have a new 140 Suzi (less than 20 hours) that I am told the alcohol in the gas is evaporating in the fuel separator (?) allowing an air gap in the fuel supply. The result is the engine stops running when I'm on plane running down the lake throwing me and my fishing guide clients forward. The same thing is happening with my partner's 140 and when I was at the repair shop another Suzi owner was inquiring about the same problem. It's very frustrating to get the engine started again and extremely embarrassing with clients in the boat. I was told to just allow the engine to run a minute or two at idle before motoring up. This has not solved the problem and I am very unhappy.

Does anyone know of a real fix for this problem or how I can get a refund on the motor?

DMorris

Recruit
Re: Suzuki 140 dying while running down lake

run seafoam

Tried running seafoam and other additives to condition the gas hoping to prevent the evaporation and it did not work.

Is there an electronic fuel pump for this model Suzi and do you think that would help this problem? From what I am hearing from my authorized Suzuki service dealer this problem is more widespread and is becoming more apparent with those like me who run a motor more than most weekend warriors.

bezerk

Seaman Apprentice

what kind of gas are you running ?
do you have to pump the primer bulb to get fresh gas to motor?
to me it's sounds more like a bad rigging job.some thing worng don't have any prolems with the 140's .all three rig from the same place ?
check battery connections,should be a white wire with a fuse to a battery .are you running twin's?

GypsyJon

Recruit

I run my Suz 140 for hours at 4500 to 5000 rpm and it never misses a beat with ETOH gas. Sounds to me like a fuel line or pick up issue.

Could the fuel tank vent be clogged up thus starving the engine after running for a while?

Gypsy Jon

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Fuel/air seperator not working correctly. This "alcohol evaporation" excuse sounds phony to me.

mutch

Seaman Apprentice

The vapor separator has the high pressure pump for the fuel injection there is a water cooled system it runs near the injectors that cools the fuel that runs back to the vapor separator is this all connected properly to kept the fuel cool.
yes alcohol story sounds like bs

just of topic they are the same pump that is on a suzy sierra 4x4 38 mm and are much cheaper that the marine one