1992 yamaha 200 poping

jjdluz

Seaman
run on water whole day about 4200 rpm good as soon i pass 4200 rpm it will start bogdown,after take home run idle ,it backfire(poping),every 10-15 second,what i need to check,already check spark all good(with spark tester),compression all good,

scottcmb

Seaman
Re: 1992 yamaha 200 poping

sounds like your engine is running lean.......start by doing a full cleaning of the carby's plus kitting them, then rebuild or replace your fuel pumps, replace ALL inline filters and check fuel flow from your tank to make sure there are no blockages, if your tank is fitted with an anti-syphon valve double check that too....and while your at it change the oil in the gearbox if that hasn't been done in the past season or two, clean and test the thermostats...etc etc......in other words a FULL service should be done.........after all this has been done and the motor is back to normal but then after a couple times you have taken the boat out and the same problem comes back......i would then start reading some of the discussions in here about E10 fuel...happy boating:)

jjdluz

Seaman

thanks for the tips,also like to ask u one more question,i pump all the gas out fron tha gas tank because have trash in it,fill up with new gas,and i prime the bulb,it not pumping after 20-30 try,finaly suck the gas ,is that mean i have air leak before the prime bulb or after the prime bulb?thanks

scottcmb

Seaman

thanks for the tips,also like to ask u one more question,i pump all the gas out fron tha gas tank because have trash in it,fill up with new gas,and i prime the bulb,it not pumping after 20-30 try,finaly suck the gas ,is that mean i have air leak before the prime bulb or after the prime bulb?thanks

sounds like a possible air leak before the primer bulb.
But it also could mean that your primer bulb could be faulty aswell by not oneway flowing all the fuel it is drawing.....due to maybe having some of that "trash" stuck in it......
My suggestion to you is to completly make sure that there is NO more trash in the tank!!!....and replace the bulb.......then work all the way to the carbys cleaning everything and replacing filters as suggested earlier dont short cut........if there was trash in the tank then there will be trash all the way to inside the carbys!!!!
And whilst you are doing all this spend a bit of time checking the condition of all the hoses for deterioration, perishing and cracking...if there are signs.....replace them!!!..perished crumbling hoses love to clog carbys!!!
Hope this helps you out.......let us know how you get on:)