Yamaha Z200 HPDI No spark at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaymanYamaha

Recruit
Hi, guys hope you all can help me out. I'm all the way in the Caymans. I have a Yamaha 200 HPDI and im not getting any spark at all. It rolls over but i have no power reaching the spark plugs. Help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: Yamaha Z200 HPDI No spark at all.

check the fuse for ignition first on the motor starboard side

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha Z200 HPDI No spark at all.

yep,first check the ign fuse,if thats good then check for 12V on the red/yellow ign coil primary leads.
this system uses a TCI ign setup.
means anytime the key is on the ign coil primary wires are 12V. the ground path is created by the ECU in response to pulser coil input voltage.
if you have 12V on the ign coil primaries then check the pulser coil output and the pulser coil ground. also double check the emergency stop lanyard.
normal condition if the ECU sees a start signal and a stop signal simultaneously it sounds the audible alarm while cranking.

Ragboater

Recruit
Fuses are good, separated emergency stop with remote harness, Pulser voltage is good, even put a different pulser on, no fire, coils are hot with 12 volts at the coils. I have had some training from the local college on outboards, have always been able to repair my own stuff, but this stumped me.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Ragboater: please take some time if you haven't already to read our FORUM RULES. We ask you don't post to topics over 90 days old ...

... or in this case 90 months old.

Puttlin' this one back to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.