Yamaha 25HP Starter wiring

firecan

Cadet
I bought a Inflatable that has a Yamaha 25 HP 4 Stroke on it (2002) model, and when I purchased it the guy said the starter was shot and had removed it. He gave me the starter so I could have it rebuilt but I hooked it up to a battery and it seems to be working fine. The problem I am having is wiring it back up to the motor. I bolted it back in but not sure what wires go where. My battery cables come into the cowling but are not hooked. There is one black heavy gauge wire coming of the bottom of the starter. There is what looks to be a spot on the top bolt of the starter for a wire. I am attaching a diagram I hope someone can take a look at there motor and help me out.

firecan

Cadet
Re: Yamaha 25HP Starter wiring

Sorry here is the diagram

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0

Yamajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yamaha 25HP Starter wiring

The black(-) lead from battery bolts on to the bottom side of starter; the red lead from battery bolts on to the starter relay - the relay has 4 wires on one side, middle is brown going to starterswitch, one end is black going to ground, the other end is where you connect the red lead from the battery; directly opposite this red lead on the relay, the red lead runs to and connects onto the top side of the starter; the fuse wire (red) comes from the rectify, the end you need to bolt on oes to the same bolt that the red wire from battery is connected -
check your fuse, and clean the contact points on the relay and your grounding bases.

hope this makes sense, and it works for you.