Yamaha 1986 200ETLJ Oil Injection problem.

mpf

Recruit
Pressure seems to build up in the engine mounted tank and pops out the oil level sensor. I have changed the oil level sensor and the problem still happens. On other posts I have read that this means the problem is the control module. Should I change that next or take it to a mechanic.

I have read that you can "ohm" that output from the control module to see if it is giving a bad command. How would I do that? Would I probe one of the leads to the remote tank?

When I turn the key to on, I can hear the remote tank whirring, even when the engine mounted tank is full. Does this rule out a venting problem?

If I can be sure the problem is the control module, I would try to change it myself, unless someone thinks this problem is best referred to a technician.

But, I want to learn to service my motor so I understand it as much as possible. Also, if money wan't an issue I wouldn't be using a 1986 outboard (which runs great by the way).

Am I better off running premix at this point. If so, what changes do I need to make to the engine and what ratio do I run.

I like the idea of running premix because of fewer parts to break but wouldn't premix change the characteristics of the carburetion? Also, wouldn't the carburetors be more likely to gum up?

Thanks in advance for all advice.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 1986 200ETLJ Oil Injection problem.

gotta run for some breakfast, ill try to answer some questions later,
dont buy anything just yet.
post the wire colors from the engine tank switch.