1999 Yamaha C40 winterizing

C40TLRX newbie

Recruit
Hey guys~new to this forum, but I've enjoyed reading a ton of useful info. here. Anyhow, I recently bought a Yamaha C40 this year (as my username suggests) and it's been a great performer so far. My question for you all is re: winterizing. What is required, and can most owners handle this job on their own? I have almost NO experience working on engines, so please...."dumb-down" the explanations, I won't be offended! lol

I should also mention that I bought the motor from a reputable marina close to my home, and it was "checked-over" in the spring of this year. If there is anything routine-maintenance wise you guys suggest, again, I'm all ears. Is this a good time to replace the fuel filter, impeller? Should I be adding a bit of fuel stabilizer in every tank of gas? The boat gets used about once a week, running time of about an hour in total each time.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your responses.

Cheers,
Rob

C40TLRX newbie

Recruit
Re: 1999 Yamaha C40 winterizing~another question

Puzzled by the lack of response, can't imagine it's due to the fact that nobody has an answer...too easy a question? Too involved/time-consuming to answer?

Let's try this again, another question. Does anyone know where could buy a replacement rubber gasket for the cowling on my '99 C40? I think the fit is just a little loose.

Thanks,
C40 guy.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

any yami dealer