Suzuki 2002 DF115 oil light blinking & beeping?

Dualie

Seaman
hey everyone,

got an issue i was hoping you could help with.
today i was underway about 5 to 6 mph (1700 rpms) and the oil light starting blinking. i killed the motor and and checked the oil- all was normal.
fired it back up and tach did the normal starting sequence. ( all lights on, guage went up to 800 rpm? ((one notch below 1000)) then back down to 0)
i started it, tell tale was looking good & drove 1/2 mile to mooring at 5mph.

at mooring i let it cool and checked oil level- all good. turned the key on and the oil light flashed again, but this time following by 1 beep, then 2 beeps. It stayed flashing and continued to beep twice, pause, beep twice etc.

any idea what this code means?

thanks in advance!
dualie

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Suzuki 2002 DF115 oil light blinking & beeping?

You really need an Owner's Manual, Dualie. That explains the trouble codes.

Dualie

Seaman

thanks jb!

found the manual. the manual says that its time for am oil change, even though i had it summerized before it went it this season.

the manual says that when its at rest, turn the key and should hear double beeps and flashing oil light. i do.

then, perform the following sequence ( motor off, key on position, pull up on kill switch 3x in 10 sec and voila. cancelled alarm and back to normal.

i've seen this cancellation sequence in other posts on this board.

hopefully, it really works. will do it later and post results.
-dualie

Dualie

Seaman

Hey everyone,

that was it! it appears that the motor thought it was time for an oil change and gave me the (double beep) code that i was hearing in the earlier post.

i reset code and we are all set.

Thanks and have a good weekend!