84 Suzuki DT 75 Stalls Going into Gear

wolfspyryt

Cadet
Motor was stored without winterizing. Ran well last season. Changed fuel and added SeaFoam (1oz/gallon). Removed and cleaned abit of debris from the bottom of bowls on all 3 carbs. The bottom having the most .. the top the least.

Idles and starts fairly easily and warms up nicely.
Stalls as soon as it goes into forward or reverse.
Idle sounds abit high ... but quite smoothly.
Revs smoothly.
Air Bleed screws are at 1 1/2 turns out. Cant find specs ...
Plugs are burning evenly.

What should the air bleed's be set at?

Thanks in advance for your help

hemifisher

Cadet
Re: 84 Suzuki DT 75 Stalls Going into Gear

Check the linkage..had the same problem on my force, the prop would spin in neutral, and stall when I put in gear, I adjusted the linkage and it fixed that problem

wolfspyryt

Cadet

Sure makes sense ... thanks for the reply.

I have a Sealoc Manual, however it is for 1988 and up. Motor is a 1984. Are the linkage procedures the same as the 88 and up DT75?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

hemifisher

Cadet

Sure makes sense ... thanks for the reply.

I have a Sealoc Manual, however it is for 1988 and up. Motor is a 1984. Are the linkage procedures the same as the 88 and up DT75?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Should be, its a pretty straight forward deal

James R

Commander

Sounds like at least one cylinder is not performing. Could be several things but the fact that you had crap in the carb bowls indicates that the carbs need a good clean. Please dont use carb cleaner from the auto store. That is for cleaning the outside of the carbs and will damage plastic parts. If you are not familier with carb cleaning then take it to a reliable shop. Using an Ultrasonic cleaner is the best way but failing that Gunk brand makes a gallon can of cleaner which I have found to be non harmfull to Suzuki plastic parts. Follow the instructions on the can and you should be ok