2000 150 Yamaha EFI

motleycrue

Recruit
I have the chance to pick up a 2000 Yamaha 150 EFI. All my other outboards have been carbed. Does anyone know anything about this engine type/year? Pros,cons.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2000 150 Yamaha EFI

is this OX66 EFI or HPDI ?
post the model number.
also look at all the maint records, if the maint hasnt been done on the hourly OR calander basis as per the maint manual you may want to take a mulligan on this one.
trust me on this one.
I am fighting a commercial use F225, book says every 200 hours or yearly inspect the water pump. engine went 2 years and 700 hours without it, the driveshaft splines are now hung in the crank splines and lowerunit OR powerhead removal is now impossible.
I lifted the transom of a 28' parker off the trailer by the powerhead,heated the exposed part of the driveshaft just below the powerhead until it glowed red several times and hit the shaft with a dulled air chiesel to viberate it. it hasnt moved a mm.
motor was placed in service in 05.
is it yamahas fault or the customers for the lack of periodic maint as per the schedule ?

motleycrue

Recruit
Re: 2000 150 Yamaha EFI

Thanks for the response. I'll be getting more info shortly, but my understanding is that it is the EFI engine, not the HPDI. I was told about 1/3 better mileage than the carbed 1993 175 that I have now.