digital yamaha gauge

willbjew1

Cadet
I have a 2003 Yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke and I am looking at yamaha's gauges that display fuel and engine specs. I have read good and bad things, seems to be more bad, but not many people come here with success stories. I only have a 20 gallon tank and want the gauge to be accurate. I am going to have to replace the sender unit in the tank anyways. But as far as seeing engine stats, how well does this gauge work? How accurate? is it difficult to hook up and install. What does installition entale?

Thanks guys,

Will

Uncle Dave

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: digital yamaha gauge

Will,
I have a new Suzuki with a digital gage. Probably very similiar setup.
Problem is I have error codes. No one including Suzuki knows how to tell me how to remove these codes. The monitored functions seem to work okay, but each time I power up I have to scroll thru 20 error codes to arrive at a functional gage.
Make sure of what it will do and if someone can work on it or at least tell ;you how to program the gadget
Uncle Dave

willbjew1

Cadet
Re: digital yamaha gauge

I have been looking at a few different gauges. Yamaha offers a few different combinations including, speed, temp, oil presure, tach and fuel level/ consumption. I want the tach and fuel one but am curious, how people like them and how hard are they to install. where does it connect to? are wiring harness's included. If its too complicated then I might not want to get one right now... any experences guys?