Yamaha F115 rigging

iei044775

Cadet
I have a brand new Yamaha F115 on my boat and am trying to sort out the rigging. I Have 2 problems,
1) Throttle is very stiff, I have a Yamaha 703 remote box also new with new cables, it is very free when I disconnect the linkages at the engine. Is it normal for a new Yamaha engine to have a fairly stiff throttle?

2) I have a yamaha analog tacho, with temperature and oil warning lights, is there signals from my 703 control box for both these warning lights?

Any help appreciated!!!

PS - I'd take this to a Yamaha professional if there was one within 200 miles of me but there's not!!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha F115 rigging

several things come to mind,
STOP STOP STOP
take it to a pro, or at least buy the 2006 or later rigging guide and READ IT.
first is to insure you hve no kinked cables or excessive bends as explained in the rigging guide, next is to insure you have the correct trim and alarm harnes from the engine to the guages, then make sure you have the correct tach and the correct harness from the 703 side mount to the guages.
this is why we are working so hard to eliminate sales out the back door.
next how are you going to check the engine linkage,fuel rail pressure and fuel system vacum as per the PDI sheet.
there is a lot more to it than simply tightening 4 bolts and cruising down the lake.
but at a minimum you will need the rigging guide to do it yourself correctly.
not all the analog tachs are 4 stroke compatible, its explained in the rigging guide.
is this a new new F115 or a new to you F115?

iei044775

Cadet

Thanks for the comments Rodbolt, it's a brand new motor. I fitted it onto boat late last year and just getting around to connecting it up now. The control box has a 10 pin connector from the engine. I'll see if I can find that rigging guide. I would like to get a pro to do the install but unfortunately they are not tripping over each other here (they're scarce!).

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

(here) doesnt tell me much.
the 10 pin harness just contains the wiring for engine control and trim control.
the rigging for guage visuals and trim position indicate are seperate.
the yellow,black,green,yellow and red harness coming from the 703 are for guage power,ground and tach send.
there is a seperte harness from the 703 to the guage panal.
I dont have the part number for the 06 rigging guide here at home but a call to kennesaw GA on the yamaha consumer help line should get it, then it can be ordered from any yamaha dealer.
but no, the F115 typically has very smooth shifting and throttle if all is set up correctly.

iei044775

Cadet

Thanks Rodbolt, here is in a fairly remote part or Ireland.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

dude, you may be in a world O hurt :)
its not a US market motor so the part numbers here may not correspond to there.
on the front of the 703 box is a small 6mm or so slotted stud, thats for throttle friction, its usually shipped loose but not always.
see if its to tight.
what brand cables do you have?
the black teleflex typically are stiffer to move than the genuine yamaha stuff.
a picture of the electrical panals and the plastic engine connectors would help me to see if the hrness is the same here as there.
some non US market stuff is a bit different from the rest of the world and in the US we dont get the literature.

iei044775

Cadet

The friction screw is fully loose alright. I bought the engine in Florida and had it shipped over with the 703 control box and analog tacho.
Thanks for the help