help with suzuki dt-85 year, and running issues

Dfl8able

Recruit
Hello I recently purchased a pontoon boat with a suzuki outboard on it, the boat itself is an 1989 but I do not know the year of the motor. the numbers on the side are suzuki dt 85 8501 512822 it is a silver cover with a blue stripe I need to know the year so I can purchase parts for the motor when they are needed. The oil injection has been removed so this is a premix of 50:1 Also the motor when started out of water seems to start and run fine, also shifts into gear fine, however when i put it in the water at the boat ramp, it is sometimes hard to start and idles roughly, when you go to put it into gear it dies and makes an awkward noise, (sounds like a fart), put it back in neutral and it starts back up, but when it is put back into gear it dies again. Also after about 20 min or so of running at wot it will sometimes act as if it loses all power and slows almost to an idle speed while at full throttle, sometimes it dies. If you can catch it in time you can throttle it down, and run for a minute and then take righat back off for another 20 min. or so and it does it again. I have replaced the fuel bulb, filter, and line up to the motor, the spark plugs, and have turned the idle up just a little bit. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, so I can at least trust this boat to go out and take the kids fishing thank you