What Needs To Be Done for 100hr Service Yamaha 150 4-Stroke

gearyg

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My buddy has a 2007 Yamaha 150 4-Stroke that just hit his 100hr mark. We want to do the service ourselves, but would like to know if anyone knows what needs to be done....aside from the basic water seperator and filter change, oil change, lower unit oil change, plugs clean up, re-gap and a de-carb...what else?

The manual calls for the inspection of the timing belt, but notes that only a dealer can do this (I am assuming inorder to keep it under warranty). What more is there to do on the timing belt except for look for cracks and "may" need some tensioning at 100hrs. I have been told that the timing belt does not need to be changed until about 800hrs.

Any advice would be much appreciated...thanks.

Re: What Needs To Be Done for 100hr Service Yamaha 150 4-Stroke

Timing belt is normally checked for any signs of physical damage, prop removal and regrease,also if you have a good service agent the valve clearences would have been checked at the 1st 20hr service, this however is not done by a lot of service agents as it is put in the she'll be right pile. It should really be done now at the 100hr service to get the full potential and engine life out of your motor and to reduce engine failure,

jerkin

Seaman

You might want to read up on the warranty information before doing this yourself. It could be that you need the dealer to service the engine in order to fulfill your warranty obligations. When I had my 100 hour service done it was less than $100. I know it's tough to pay that out for simple stuff that you can do yourself but you don't want to lose the warranty either.

gearyg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You might want to read up on the warranty information before doing this yourself. It could be that you need the dealer to service the engine in order to fulfill your warranty obligations. When I had my 100 hour service done it was less than $100. I know it's tough to pay that out for simple stuff that you can do yourself but you don't want to lose the warranty either.

Wow, for less that $100 bucks, I would definately let someone else do it. Around here, it is closer to $400 bucks! With less than about $100 in actual parts that would leave an extra $300+ in our pockets, or....well...a full tank of gas nowdays.