Suzuki DF6 - self service for dummy

whiteman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am not a service technician and am amazed at some of the stuff you guys do with your motors. But ...

I have a Suzie DT6 (2006) which is overdue for a service. If I follow the manual and do an annual maintenance schedule (replace plug, engine and gear oil, lubricate and check fuel line) is this enough to keep the motor healthy or do the "experts" do lots extra to prolong the life and keep the motor running reliably?

The manual recommends replacing the impeller but does not give instructions on how this is done.

Anyone care to comment?

flychucker

Cadet
Re: Suzuki DF6 - self service for dummy

i have the samotor i bought last spring, and it ran great . this spring ....not so good it starts fine idles fine but bogs out when i give it gas.....ive replaced the fuel filter and when i block the air intake with my finger it will run good?????cleaned the carb replaced the oil checked the plug ....what else is there?????i like this motor but i fear it a piece of crap...what do you think of yours??

James R

Commander

My DT6 of 2003 vintage is a sweetheart. Problems with these motors are few and far between and usually, as in most cases, something simple. Remember most of the problems are fuel related. Thanks to all the new rules fuel left sitting without a preserving additive will probably be sour in 60 days.

James R

Commander

Sorry, I should have refered to my DF6 not DT6.