95 Yamaha 115 hp Intermittent spark

tiredout

Recruit
I hope someone can help. The trouble started last summer with intermittent stalling and got worse and would not start at all. I checked for spark and found none at all. The area i live in seems to have no real qualified repair people and to make things worse i have no trailer to bring it to a larger city for repair. The 2 guys who did look at it are stumped, but didnt really try anything.One thinks its the stater but cant guarantee he took 3 weeks to figure that out. The other guy thinks its the cdi box? We have gone through all wires, grounds etc and everything seems to be fine. The motor is very clean and only has around 1200 hours on it. We have also checked the lanyard cord and everything else i can think of.

Would love some educated guesses! Then i think we will just try and order the parts and hope for the best.

Thanks in advance

Bryan

brunolund

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 95 Yamaha 115 hp Intermittent spark

could be the stator. the manual will tell you which wires to test. not to familiar with yamis yet, but most of the engines ive done, you should be getting voltage on the yellow wires while cranking, and running.