2004 Suzuki DF-50 Turns over but wont start

Chiefbubba

Recruit
I am visiting my Dad in Florida and his 2004 Suzuki motor turns over and I can see that fuel is getting in the motor. The motor only has about 20 hours on it. He let it sit about 6 months I know more about the older engines this one looks like it's all electronic. I there any basic functions Ican check to try and help get this thing started for him. I am leaving on Thursday and would appreciate any suggestions.(Can't get into a dealer until 5/12/08) Thank you in advance.:confused:

Inducted

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2004 Suzuki DF-50 Turns over but wont start

I'm assuming that you are getting spark at your spark plugs. You should verify this somehow.

If the fuel has been sitting in the engine for six months then you want to drain out as much of the old fuel as possible and try to start the engine using fresh fuel.

Drain the engine fuel filter and replace if necessary.
Drain the vapor seperating tank it has a drain screw at the bottom.
Also you can try draining the fuel rail,use a rag, if it is under pressure it will spray.

Fill with fresh fuel.

sandiegosteve

Seaman Apprentice

Old fuel may have gummed up the spark plugs. Replacing them could help.

I'm guessing this is an EFI engine, so there are no carb issues. Clean fuesl and clean plugs may do the trick.

6 months could also mean that the battery is shot. When you say "tuns over", how well?

suzukidory

Cadet

i have the same problem with an engine i bought that had been stood for a while it will turn over and not fire i have fuel to inline low pressure but have nothing coming out of high pressure fuel pump and vapour seperator which is the silver box behind inlet manifold i removed injectors and put fuel in the bore and she fires up but obviously doesnt run i have been told that old fuel blocks up the pump in the fuel vapour seperator pump and sticks float switch but have not had chance to confirm this on my engine but sure sounds like the same fault let me know the outcome with your engine dude

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

suzu please read the top wording about adding onto old threads
Then start one for your problem