Disconnecting 115 yamaha oil injection

tekwizard

Recruit
I previoulsy posted a similar thread with no respones, sorry if this seems redundant but I need help.

What do you need to do in order to run a 1997 115 hp without the oil injection? Can it be done just by plugging the injection ports and mixing the fuel 50-1?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Disconnecting 115 yamaha oil injection

I can tell you, but first answer my question. why would you want to dissconnect about the most reliable oiling system in the world and attempt to keep it properly premixed ?

tekwizard

Recruit

Because it is 1. Already disconnected, I would have to strip parts off my 95 to recommision it. and 2. It would be nice to draw off my main tank for my 9 hp 2 stroke kicker.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ok, remove the pump, remove the pump drive shaft, reinstall the pump.
remove the tank on the engine. jump the white wire from the tank engine side harness to the black wire.
to prevent a low remote tank alarm at the remote wiring end simply jump the black/red to black. now there will be no oil alarms.

tonyg11780

Petty Officer 3rd Class

OOOh man, you will get so tired of either 1. mixing your oil and gas or 2. buying new powerheads because you keep getting the mixture wrong. No offense, but having the incorrect oil fuel mix will be a very big disappointment. Trust me, I wish my engine had oil injection. You can disconnect the lines and cap them off. But your engine may have a float level sensor in the small tank on the engine. If so, there are probably two wires going to it that you will either have to connect, or keep disconnected in order to get rid of that crazy beeping sound.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Rodbolt i had 1 question about this. I have a 86 yamaha 115 and you helped me get the precision blend working rite last summer. Well my question is. Isnt there a difference in the fuel filters for oil injected motors and pre-mix motors? Also isnt there some differences in the carbs of the injected motors and the pre-mixed motors? What im getting at is, will this guy have problems switching over to pre-mix cause the fuel system on his motor was not designed to have pre-mixed gas running through it? Really that was the main reason that i spent so much time on my precision blend last year rather than switching it to pre-mix, cause i thought that the motor was designed for the oil injuction and if i switched to pre-mix i thought i would have problems with the carbs and things like that. Also and i know if i pre-mix i would end up useing 3X as much oil as the precision blend system. You didnt tell me that or anything i just figured that since there were 2 different motors (pre-mix and oil injected) with different components weather they were precision blend or pre-mix. Just curious man as i would like to know as much about my motor as possible. Im happy with it, its a 86 and it runs so sweet! Thanks.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

fuel filters pretty much stayed the same, cant tell you about the carb jetting, never looked.
if your curious look up the pilot fuel and pilot air and main jetting on the same year model prcision blend and C model engines.
I just try to put them back together like they were designed, usually works.

seanturner

Recruit

Hi all, Am new to this site and having a few drama's getting it to post (re:my last post) Have a quick question. I have a 115 V4 with oil injection. The oil injection was supposedly disconnected when i had purchased (01 model) the boat and all seem to go well for a few months. I am now having trouble with the engine giving me a low oil alarm and rpm limitation whilst out. There is still the oil tank on the side of the engine as with the little control module and pump, all wiring also seems to be in original condition. All that seems to be missing is the main oil tank. The engine will rev freely, then just gives me a alarm, the oil guage in the instruments shows low oil and the engine drops its rpm. Thinking it was the oil level in the tank on the engine i filled that but to no avail. The tell tale is pumping strong and no indication of temperature problems come up on the instruments.
Is there any way to completely remove all the injection system and not upset the main control unit? Can i just remove the oil tank and unplug the control module without playing with the wiring?
Thanks, any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.