Yamaha Enduro 25 HP 1984 Stator Output

Bikefisherdog

Recruit
I recently purchased a 1984 Yamaha Enduro 25 HP and it runs great exept for a slightly jumpy iddle. My question is: What should be its stator's output to charge a battery? When I measure the output at the wire hookups using a multimeter, I get a fast variating reading that fluctuates between 18.0 and 9.0 VDC no matters if the motor iddles or runs on high RPMs. Is this the output I should expect? I do not dare to connect a battery yet. :(

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha Enduro 25 HP 1984 Stator Output

a picture would be worth 1000 words. the 25 enduro wasnt imported much here in the US and unless someone added it the enduro was never ment to have battery charging nor electric start. was the simple thing about the enduro series.
the stator output, if someone added the AC lighting coils or it was already there , will be two green wires and its an AC signal. the rectifier converts it to a pulsed DC and the output is a red wire.
pictures maybe ?

Bikefisherdog

Recruit

Thank you for taking the time Rodbolt! This weekend I will take those pictures and will get back to you next week. I did measure the output in AC and found that it was a very low useless voltage. I will get the exact AC voltage reading to see what you can tell me.:)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

what color wires are you checking and what are we looking to solve here ?