Fuel Leak Fuel Pump x2 2000 Yamaha f100tlrz

sheedyslick

Recruit
I'm having problems with the engine at wot it will haul at 6k rpm for couple minutes then surging to between 5k and 5.5k rpm sometimes lower. pumping the primer bulb helps but is not consistent with getting the rpms back up. with the engine off and top cowl off i pump the primer bulb and there is gas seeping out of the gaskets of the top cover of both fuel pumps, to the point of dripping, i tightened the screws and still same thing. Is this normal? or do i need to replace the diaphragm and gasket or both fuel pumps. Thanks for your help

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel Leak Fuel Pump x2 2000 Yamaha f100tlrz

most likly, you also may want to dissasemble and clean the carbs.
you will need the manometer or at least take it to a shop that has one to reset all the throttles.

sheedyslick

Recruit

thanks for the confirmation. I just got it back from a dealership and i had them remove the carbs, clean and resink the so they should be ok, right? Is that manometer for testing the pressure after i replace the worn fuel pump components? thanks again

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

a fuel pressure test guage is used to test pump output pressure.
the manometer is used to correctly set the throttle plates and air fuel mixture screws by comparing intake vacum in each intake runner as per the service manual.