Yamaha enduro 60 reliability ?

morenc00

Cadet
I'm looking to buy a boat with this engine is it a reliable engine for use in cold weather condition like late season duck hunting when the temperature is below 0 celcius.

I do not has the exact year of the engine but by looking at it, it's has approx 10 years. the engine is grey with gold and red decals

thanks
michel

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamaha enduro 60 reliability ?

Hi,

If I'm not misstaken the Yamaha "Enduro" series outboards are some kind of low price series sold on some markets (but not in US). Does not mean it is not good quality but it is some budget series.
Could be difficult to get spare parts for it and get it serviced in US.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/marine/index.htm?range.asp?therange=cv

I think Yamaha 60 hp Enduro has not the ordinary Yamaha Precision Blend Oil Injection. Instead You have to premix 2-stroke outboard oil in gas tank (2 percent) yourself

Personally I would probably skip it because of the probable spare part/repair problems and the premix.

I would probably try to find a similar boat with regular Yamaha 60 hp 2-stroke.

/Bo

morenc00

Cadet

I'm in Canada, I'm pretty sure they sold theses engines here since I saw a couple of them.

so the only difference would be the oil injection system.

thanks for the input

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

the enduro series simply did not have all the bells and whistles of the rest of the C and precision blend models.
most under 70 HP were 2 cylinder.
I see quite a few here in the jungles of venezuela.
most common is the E48.
its rugged and reliable and not much to go wrong.
keep it properly maintained and they go a long long time.

craigauz

Recruit

Hey there and seeing we are all throwing in our 2 bobs worth from across the globe , over here in Auzzy a lot of our fisho's use these engines on their Dorys (Tenders) and they are simply the best.You have a hard time breaking them and they get totally hammered.They will go for a lifetime.!!! Oh yer , Im just waiting to pick up my 2001 40hp Enduro.....Caint wait

Triton II

Commander

Errrmmm, four-and-half-year-old thread Craig! :p

TII

craigauz

Recruit

Well if that ain't Australian for ya mate I'm buggered if I know what is😜