Suzuki dt25 Control box

Robbobvila

Recruit
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to save some money by browsing the net to find a side mount control box for my 1991 Suzuki dt25. I found a brand new one at Browns Point Marine part #67200-97E40 and it's a little too expensive for my blood.
Does anyone know if a control box for the newer df25 part #67200-99e50 will work for my engine? I'm not sure if the wiring harness are different on these models or what.
I would appreciate it if anyone has any information for me.

Thanks,
Rob

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki dt25 Control box

OK, so you order the 67200-99E50 because it's cheaper. You get it in and realize that there is no harness (you have to buy that separate). You buy that for another $100 and then realize you need the adapter harness ($65). Now you got it all hooked up and guess what - the throttle on that box is push to open (as is all Suzuki 4-strokes) and your DT25 is pull to open. Lesson learned??? Many times "browsing the net" to save money can end up costing you money. Go to your local Suzuki dealer and get the right advise and the correct parts the first time.

Robbobvila

Recruit
Re: Suzuki dt25 Control box

OK, so you order the 67200-99E50 because it's cheaper. You get it in and realize that there is no harness (you have to buy that separate). You buy that for another $100 and then realize you need the adapter harness ($65). Now you got it all hooked up and guess what - the throttle on that box is push to open (as is all Suzuki 4-strokes) and your DT25 is pull to open. Lesson learned??? Many times "browsing the net" to save money can end up costing you money. Go to your local Suzuki dealer and get the right advise and the correct parts the first time.

Lakensea,
Thanks for the advice. I'm just trying to buy a used control box that will work for my engine. Someone was selling a used 67200-99E50 and wasn't sure at the time if it would work or not. I now know that it will not work after reading your response.

The mechanic who is going to install the control box told me that most of the older models would work. He did not mention that it had to be pull to open. What does pull to open throttle vs push to open mean? Does it mean the throttle handle pulls up or pushes down before you shift?
Thanks again for all the info.