Third World Yamaha Problems Fuel Pump

billfishbelize

Recruit
I have a 2001 osx 250 2cy, what is the air valve on the side of the fuel pump that looks like from a tire for? Should it have air pressure when not running? Or should fuel immediatly be present when depressed? :confused:

Last edited:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Third World Yamaha Problems Fuel Pump

its the fuel rail pressure test fitting. it should have 35 PSI+or-2 PSI at all times when running.
when the key is first switched on the pump will run about 3 seconds. presure should climb to 35 and fall back slowly to about 25PSI with key on engine off.
its a two speed pump. at low speeds its wired through a large resistor, at higher speeds the ECU bypasses the resistor for more pump voltage and an increase in pump speeds.

billfishbelize

Recruit

OK,Im in Belize, from what I can tell Im the only one in this entire country with a fuel injected Yamaha,You can buy a new Yamaha here alot cheaper than you can in the states ,this is Yamaha country, however, they dont sell fuel injected engines, all carberated, I let this( Tech) touch it and he removed the entire intake manifold and installed an intake with carberaters, I was gone at the time and this happened, Now the orriginal intake has been put back on ,with the new(rebuilt) fuel pump I had someone bring from the states it wont even start,I shot a little starting fluid into the intake and it will fire,Dont really know how to precede from here. thanks for you alls input. Capt. Bill

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

can ya shoot me some pictures?
I go to Venezuela a few times a year to work on boats and a bit of fishing.
in fact I am headed for Saranda lodge oct 26th to look at 11 dead 23ft marathon boats at the lodge, expenses paid no less :) .
OX66 worked very well. but in your case I will need some detailed pics to see what went wrong here.
as I dont think you can change from OX66 to carbs and back this may be interesting.
never fished belize, may be a good time to try :).

billfishbelize

Recruit

hay rodbolt, I can send pics ,after a charter tommorow, as he left lines open and let pressure out of the pump should I repressureize it back to 25psi? thanks

BruceAML

Petty Officer 1st Class

You may know that the US and Canadian Yamaha outboards have different model numbers than those sold in other parts of the world. I can see by your model number that it is not a US model. The model number for a similar 2001 US model is SX150TXRZ. The Yamaha part number for a complete fuel pump for this model is 66K-13907-00-00. You need to see if this is the pump you received from the US and you need to contact Yamaha in your country to see what the part number is for your fuel pump. Have you looked at the pressure regulator on your motor? How about the filter between the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pump?