1986 50 HP ETLK Holes in main nozzle Face ?

w2much

Lieutenant
While reassembling my carbs for my motor I ran into a situation I figured I had better ask(cry out ) for assistance before closing them up and installing them. Situation # 1 : From the manual;" Insert the main nozzle into the aft hole on the center turret. Position the series of holes in the nozzle to face port and starboardwhen installed." Problem here is that there are two sets of holes, one set of four holes opposing each other and one set of three holes opposing each other. Which set, the set of three or the set of four should face port and starboard. The other set will face forward and aft. Thank you for your replies. I appreciate you.

BruceAML

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1986 50 HP ETLK Holes in main nozzle Face ?

You have a 1985 motor, not a 1986.

w2much

Lieutenant

Thanks, they were the same for a few years. May be a ETLK or a ETLJ its outside and I 'm in here looking for my answer. Appreciate your correction.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

actually it really doesnt matter. they are emulsion holes designed to allow a certain amount of air to be drawn in and mix with the fuel flowing up the nozzle to start the atomization process.
are you working from a clymers or a yamaha manual? if its yamaha what is the manul number ?

w2much

Lieutenant

OK Rodbolt because you have been so kind as to reply to my many ????'s you deserve an answer. I purchased this obviously a bootleg CD manual on Ebay. It does not have an author, publisher or publishing place anywhere I have seen. I guess that is why the pics were not all that clear. But it did state to face the series of holes port and starboard. Thank you so much for your replies. As always your replies are most appreciated.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

lots of words, I still dont know who made the manual. not that it matters much.
they are emulsion holes.
nothing more nothing less.
air doesnt care if its on the port or stbd side :).