Need infor for Mikuni Carb on Suzuki 15 HP

dbs52a

Cadet
I have a 1986 Suzuki 15 h.p. that idles real rough. I have run Sea Foam through it and at higher rpms, the engine runs great. It starts good but is very lumpy at low revs. The carb has never been off the engine and has never been adjusted. I've owned it since new and have never had the need to mess with the carb.

What I need to know is, if this carb has a low speed adjustment? I've attached a picture of the carb showing two screws that are adjustable. If anyone is in the "know", would you please advise if one of these screws is for low speed adjustment and which one it is.

dbs52a

Cadet
Re: Need infor for Mikuni Carb on Suzuki 15 HP

Here's the picture. Couldn't load it on the first message because it was too big of a file.

Attachments

• Mikuni.JPG
    Mikuni.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1

deejaycee_2000

Captain

well sorry to inform you but it is time for a carb rebuild ..... also soak in carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air ..... don't worry about the bottom screw ... the top screw is the air / fuel mix screw that effects the idling ..... the setting for the top screw is 1 & 1/2 turns outwards from soft stop .....

dbs52a

Cadet

well sorry to inform you but it is time for a carb rebuild ..... also soak in carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air ..... don't worry about the bottom screw ... the top screw is the air / fuel mix screw that effects the idling ..... the setting for the top screw is 1 & 1/2 turns outwards from soft stop .....

Considering the engine probably has less than 150 hours on it, I'll try the adjustment first. If that doesn't help, I look at some carb mainenance. Thanks for your guidance.

What are your views on the DT40? I'm looking at buying a used 1995 Smokercraft Pro Mag 16.5" with the DT40. The boat and motor are supposed to have only 50 hours on them. I looked it over today. Looks pretty clean. Any idea of the price one would pay for this package. Comes with an EZloader trailer, fishfinder, 3 hp trolling motor, custom cover, bilge pump, live well and some other gadgets.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

the DT40 is a good motor ... I am not sure about the value of the boat as we don't have those boats here but the motor alone is worth about ... $2100 USD ....