87 Suzuki 150 SS, idling rough

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class
Seems as though most of my problems are over with this motor, took it out the past weekend, spun hub on prop and had to buy another one, changed pitch from 25 to 19 when I did that, so my WOT Revs problem is solved now. But when idling it gets rough, and seems to be fouling plugs. The plugs seems to kick back in when going at WOT. Seems as though the carbs are loading up and I think maybe flooding. So my question is what is idle set screw approximate setting to adjust them? Does the idle set affect the performance of going to full throttle, if set at a more lean position?

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: 87 Suzuki 150 SS, idling rough

yes it does ..... ideally it should be 1 & 1/2 turns .....

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class

Deejaycee -- Ok, if I set the idle set to the 1 1/2 area, and that solves my idle problem in what way will it affect the power up to WOT, I presume bogging down? I would assume that the idle being rough now and I change it to where it is idling smoother, that the power up would be also smoother since the plugs aren't fouling, or can I not assume that? Thanks for your input by the way, you've been very helpful.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

yes you can assume that, the power up will be smoother ..... after you run the motor nice and warm you must adjust the air/fuel a little more if it's not 100% yet at idle ......

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class

good, I'll take it to lake Wed and try to get that done, thanks. I'll let you know what happens