Suzuki Dt60, Still No Rpms, New Fuel Pump

hugr20

Cadet
Have a 1984 DT60. You can read a previous thread I have that describes the problem/scenario completely. The motor ran perfect several weeks ago, but then started to loose rpms and speed to where you will try to initally accelerate the first time in the day and it would take off normally, then the rpms plummit to probably around 1500 and you couldn't get it to go again at high speed, although it runs fairly smooth at the slow speed it runs and idles smooth. It starts very easy as well. I just replaced the fuel pump diaphram kit as someone suggested this was the problem. It wasn't! Before I replaced it, it seemed the plugs got pretty wet, now they seem relatively dry. Now it won't even accelerate at first, it just bogs/or won't accelerate any faster than a fast idle/troll speed. Do you think the carbs need to be taken apart? Is it possible the high speed jets have plugged-is there a way to clean these without completely removing the carbs? or could it be a rev/overheat sensor kicking in/faulty? or something else electrical? Is there a way to test or bypass/fool the senor that goes into the head to rule that out?

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Suzuki Dt60, Still No Rpms, New Fuel Pump

hungr20 .... the symptoms point to a bad fuel pump diaphragm, so it is good that you changed it now you can move on to the next issue ..... it is better to remove the carbs, soak and blow out with compressed air, cleaning all possible holes, jets etc. then you know it was done properly, there is no easy way around it ..... it could very well be a oil flow sensor, waterflow switch, oil level switch .... how strong is your "pee" stream? ....

hugr20

Cadet

Seems to have a good stream of water out of the pee hole and a good spray behind the motor/exhaust as well. The head/water jackets were pretty warm after running it for a few hours, but you could hold your fingers on it and it was 97 degrees out that day. I don't think thats it. I checked the oil level sensor in the oil tank and that is operating correctly. How can you test the cooling sensor/overheat sensor on the head? There is a ground wire there and a blue wire that runs into the wirebox/harness. I have a feeling it may be something in the carbs, although someone said its possible the timing may not be advancing?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

have you checked your thermostat? ..... try to disconnect the cooling senson and then bypass by putting jumper to the wire harness connectors to the sensor ......