Impeller replacement Yamaha 20b, where should water eject from?

pjsin

Cadet
Hi,

I have just aquired a yamaha 20b. The engine starts and runs well, though I am a little concerned as I can not see any water being ejected. I have purchased a replacement impeller and unsure how to fit it.

Please could you advise me where the water should be ejecting from please. Please see attached image

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

Attachments

• DSCF4121.JPG
    DSCF4121.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 0

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Impeller replacement Yamaha 20b, where should water eject from?

nice motor, i have a 25 like that .... tip on this motor, mix the fuel/oil ... 50:1 and not 100:1 as it says on the cowling ..... anyway ..... I modified your pic a bit .... where I marked no.1 is where the motor should "pee" water from the tiny hole I circled, and sputter water from the arrow ..... sometimes the little hole can get blocked by insects and stuff so take a thin wire and wiggle it .... when replacing the impeller you must take off the bolts as marked 2. but remember that these break very easily and you have to pre treat these with a deep penetrating oil for at least 2 days by spraying every now and then ..... turn slowly and make sure it is the bolt that turns and not the head twisting ..... marked 3. is where you must disconnect the shift rod when dropping the lower unit .....

deejaycee_2000

Captain

attachmentnew.jpg

pjsin

Cadet

Many thanks for your response, Your advice is really helpful, especally diagram. In future use a 50:1 mix. I'll let you know how I get on with impeller replacement. Cheers. Andrew