Yamaha Oil Injection Problem

B Money

Recruit
Remote oil tank will not pump to engine. Float switches are all good. Motor magnets came loose but glued back and motor runs in emergency mode. Will fill with emergency switch. Alarms sound and engine rpms drop as designed when low oil is detected but remote tank does not fill the engine tank. Motor has 6.3vdc when low on oil. It has 12.4 when emergency switch is operated. There is 12vdc to ground from the brown wire at motor. Does this sound like a computer problem. I have checked all I can back to the connector going into CDI unit. I can find nothing bad? Anyone have a clue?

B Money

Recruit
Re: Yamaha Oil Injection Problem

2002 OX66 250 Saltwaterseries2
Forgot the important stuff.
Was reading other posts and I don't think I have the trim sensor.
If I do it is not hooked up to gauges and I have been using motor for quite some time now.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

shoot me a PM with e-mail addy and i will send u the troubleshooting guide

B Money

Recruit

Thanks to JUSTINTIME for his help and trouble shooting guide. Ran out first thing this morning and checked the trim sensor..actually I did not get any readings on my meter...ohm's. Exercised the thing drained the tank and turned on the key. Voila' I'm pumping again. Will check the switch very good befopre I head back offshore. Thanks again everyone. Justintime if you are ever in S.FLA I owe you a dolphin / sailfish trip.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

Thanks to JUSTINTIME for his help and trouble shooting guide. Ran out first thing this morning and checked the trim sensor..actually I did not get any readings on my meter...ohm's. Exercised the thing drained the tank and turned on the key. Voila' I'm pumping again. Will check the switch very good befopre I head back offshore. Thanks again everyone. Justintime if you are ever in S.FLA I owe you a dolphin / sailfish trip.

sweet
if u are ever in the sf area, i will get u on some butt's and salmon!!

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I am having the same issues! Where do i start?

JUSTINTIME,
I am having the same problem, Sent you a PM with my email
Thanks
John

Rsergeant

Cadet

I just had the same problem with my 88 200 etxgs everything was fine except the motor was fried in the remote tank, and also I thought the sensor in the engine tank was bad. Turns out the float was sticking on the engine tank also, this was not letting the pump turn on, or everything was low and the pump ran until it was burned out. I'll never know but make sure you check the motor in the remote tank with 12v direct, ohm meter both the remote float and the engine float and then start checking wires. My motor (I may not be right on this but I am almost sure that it doesn't have trim position or it doesn't work.) Best of luck it was almost three months and alot of searching on here before I found my problem.