150 HP Suzuki 2 cycle

trippin

Recruit
Looking to buy my first boat. Been around them all my life but never owned one. I have found a good 2002 center console Sea Pro 19' with all the extras. The only thing that concerns me is the engine. Had lots of time riding Suzuki crotch rockets but not an outboard. Most folks I have talked with, no experts of course, have said that they don't know much about these but would rather have something else. I am looking for is some experiences good and bad, any place someone can refer me to for some independent testing and some opinions of course. Not finding much on the internet about these.
Should I pass up the boat at 10,500 for another engine manufacturer?

micel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 150 HP Suzuki 2 cycle

I've only had mine for 2mths (dt150)and have not had real problems,but from what mechanic's and loyal long time owners they are the best.The only bad things I've heard is when they do break down its hard to find a knowledgeable mechanics b/c they hardly break down and they have a weak dealer network,although I've heard great things about brownspoint.com. Stay on top of corrosion(flushing , anti- corrision spray all fasteners & under cowl).What I have noticed is they have considerably more torque and superior monitoring systems compared to other 2 strokes.I now prefere suzuki's after 30yrs of boating.