Suzuki DT-16 stall at high RPM under load

bic-it

Cadet
I have a 1979 Suzuki DT-16. It is a new motor to me and I am trying to get it running right. It idles very well and will rev up nicely in neutral. When it is in gear it will rev up about half way and then bog down at higher RPM's. I have rebuilt most of the fuel sysyem trying to fix the problem. I have cleaned the card, replaced all fuel lines and fittings. I also took apart the fuel pump and cleaned up all of the screens. I thought that it was a problem with a restriction in the fuel system somewhere. Now I am pretty sure that it is something else. Any ideas? Does this sound like it is an adjustment somewhere, or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Suzuki DT-16 stall at high RPM under load

make sure your high speed jet is perfectly clean ....

bic-it

Cadet

I have taken the carb apart twice now. It is all clean and it still bogs down under a load. Any other possible things that could cause the problem?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

have you tried using it with a different fuel tank, it could be that your fuel line is sucking in air somewhere or that you don't have enough ventilation at the tank ... also check your compression ....