Help Rigging a Suzuki DT 115 HP

Pelicano

Cadet
Im having a DT 115 HP 1986 coming my way in a few days and I'm wondering if there is anything I should know before I install the engine myself (actually we'll have this done at a friend's a mechanic shop and hell provide a lifter, etc).....Currently there is a Suzuki DT 90hp 1996 mounted on my 17' center console...and Im thinking (I hope I'm right) I can use the same controls, steering cables, gauges, etc evrything from the the DT 90. Im thinking it will be a "plug and play" kind of deal....transom bolts should match . The DT 115 is been serviced and I was told by the seller that the motor is ready to go in the water. So before I get my hands on this project I will appreciate some advice dealing with this process. Thank you very much.

PS: This past weekend I spent time getting the old fuel out of the fixed gas tank . Im putting new fuel lines, new racor water fuel separator etc..what else can I do to make sure I have a clean gas tank? After insatlling the motor I'm thnking FIRST in using an alternate 6Gallon gas tank to make sure the motor runs the way it was described. Once I am confident my gas tank is clean and free on any impurities I will hook it up then. Thank you again.

Pelicano

Cadet
Re: Help Rigging a Suzuki DT 115 HP

I go t the engine today and the packing was terrible.. I found some cracks on the cowl/hood .. Are these repairable?.. where can i get a a cowl/hood/cover for a suzuki DT 1986? I know is a long shot , but hey you never know. Any advice or places you guys know of will be appreciated. Thank you again.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

e-bay, or brownspoint.com ..... it will be cheaper to get it repaired at any panel beater shop ......

sledstew

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Need help Rigging a Suzuki DT 115 HP

Re: Need help Rigging a Suzuki DT 115 HP

I am parting out a 1989 suzuki DT100,let me know if any of these parts will work for you. Go to http://store.brownspoint.com/microfiche.asp and cross reference the part numbers to see if they match and I will sell you the hood cowl and whatever else you need.Call me if you are interested 701-319-0985

Jetav8r

Cadet

Hi -

Am in somewhat similar situation. But in my case need the basic wiring for the plug to the engine.

I have 1984 DT115 that may or may NOT run. If it doesn't.... be happy to get you the cowling for minimum/fair price.

Question for you: can you tell me what the basic engine wires are connected to. Sounds like you have the controls and I do not.

I have detailed my question here:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=278730

If you haven't solved already maybe we can help each other here.

THANKS!

Dave

JetAv8r@JetAv8r.Com