Trim position gauge sensing wire color - Yamaha F150?

nsimms

Recruit
Picked up a trim position gauge for the tilt/trim on my 2006 Yami F150. Can't seem to find a wiring schematic anywhere for this engine - can anyone tell me which of the wires leading to the Yamaha gauge plugs (which go nowhere on my boat - I have only analog gauges, not the Yami ones) is the one for sensing tilt position?

Thanks!

ns

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Trim position gauge sensing wire color - Yamaha F150?

I know it's light green and sky blue @ the trim switch....

nsimms

Recruit

Thanks, Seaman. I need the trim position sensor wire color, as opposed to the trim/up down control wires. I found a file online with Yamaha wire colors listed, and it says it should be orange. But I don't know if that's current.

I've got a service manual on order and guess I will wait to see what that says. Don't want to toast a new gauge.

I assume trim position sensing is via a variation in resistance (a la a fuel level sensor)? I might try checking the resistance between the orange wire and ground as I raise and lower the trim while I'm awaiting the manual...

ns

JUSTINTIME

Captain

pink and black, which goes into the trim indicator, just looked it up on the wiring diagram

nsimms

Recruit

Thanks! I just picked up the service manual, and the wiring diagram does indeed show it's pink and black.

Cheers,

ns