Thrust washer for old Suzuki DT50

mathewp

Recruit
I had to purchase a new prop for my '79 DT50 and the instructions say I need a thrust washer. The old prop apparently didn't need one. The new prop is about 3/4" deeper on the engine facing opening. The old prop is labeled 390850 and the new prop is a Turning Point H1-1013 w/ hub kit #11. I have been unable to find the correct thrust washer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Thrust washer for old Suzuki DT50

As far as I know turning point only makes props for suzuki 50hp from the year 89 and newer with a 3 1/2" gearcase .... you should contact the daler and maybe try a different hub kit, did you tell them you have a 79 model before the purchase?

mathewp

Recruit

I can't find any stores that list a DT50 older than '83. After talking to several shops I made the decision to choose a prop for the oldest DT50 I could find listed. How would I determine what the gearcase measurement is? I also made a typo on the original post. It should say 3/8" deeper instead of 3/4".

edit: All of the DT50 and DF50 prop recommendations are the same as far as i can tell.

mathewp

Recruit

I talked to several Suzuki parts stores today and the new consensus is that i already have the thrust washer installed except it's called a propeller stopper.

I guess that means I do have the wrong propeller but now I have no idea which prop I need because no one lists a DT50 older than '83.

Anyone else out there have a DT50 older than that?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

the only replacement prop I know of that you would be able to find is a pro-pulse prop that will come with the right hub kit ... go to www.pro-pulse.de and find the closest dealer to you, they have a prop for ... suzuki 50HP 2-stroke, model 79-84 part number: 6902 ... they are cheap and great props, otherwise you can contact the guys at www.brownspoint.com ...... maybe they have something there they can help you with ......