New...with a few questions about suzuki 30 hp ?

pinkmoon

Cadet
Hello. I have a older suzuki two stroke outboard. I have a few questions about it. First of all it fell of the back of the boat yesterday and was in the water running for about 1 min and then it sat there for another 30 secs while not running. We puled it back up onto the boat and convinced it to start and it got us back home ( about a 1o min trip )..Is there anything I should check or do to it...or is it ok since it was running ? It ran ok ..perhaps a little bogging or grumbel here and there but no real noticable problems.

the second question is can anyone tell me what year it is by these photos ??

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hartnett@rogers.com/my_photos
detail
detail

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: New...with a few questions about suzuki 30 hp ?

Get it started again as soon as possible and let it run for half an hour or so to make sure all the water has been expelled.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Post the serial number here, and we can give you the exact year .... from the looks of it it is about a late 70's model ...... dropping it into the water for that quick, is fine, when I flip my boat my engine is under for about 2 minutes, then start it up again and carry on with the race (i race inflatables) ..... you ran it for 10 minutes afterwards ... so that should be fine, as long as it dries out nicely it should be fine, but you will probably need to rebuild the carbs and change the spark plugs soon ... as they do tend to run a bit rough after the motor was upside down ....

pinkmoon

Cadet

With some help and a lot of searching I have discovered it is a 28 hp not 30 and that it is most likley an 80-82 year....it really makes no real difference to me all I needed to know was what service manual I would need and now I know.

As I am new to outboadrs and boating in genral I really wanted a service manual so I could educate myself a bit on the maintnence and repair of my motor.

Thanks for the info...this site is really done well and is a great resource to people like me.

D.J[colour=null]

deejaycee_2000

Captain

the 28hp was only manufactured between 1979 - 1982, not sure if you will be successfull in finding a repair manual .... but goodluck with that ....