1996 C-series Yamaha bogs on acceleration then fine after awhile

hawilson2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1996 C-Series 115 Yamaha. I have cleaned the carbs, cleaned the inner fuel filter, replaced the fuel lines (from tank to engine), replaced racor fuel/water separator, and replaced the fuel pump. Sometimes after starting and warming up it will bog on acceleration and die. It seems to idle fine.It may do this for 5-10 throttle attempts and then it runs fine for the rest of the day. I checked the fuel bulb and is is not going flat when I experience the problem. I assume it is a fuel restriction problem but its intermittent nature makes it hard to troubleshoot. I tried to replace the builtin fuel tank pickup line but it is basically frozen and I cannot access it very easily to put any leverage on it. It may be the backflow preventer but I cannot replace that as it is part if the fuel pickup line in the tank. Any help would be appreciated.

hawilson2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1996 C-series Yamaha bogs on acceleration then fine after awhile

Forgot to mention that this occurs only when I initially start using the boat. It has never occurred once the engine is warm and I have been using it for any length of time.

hawilson2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

The use of a seperate small tank and line would be the easiest way to determine if it is the built in tank and fittings. That model also needs to have the air adjustments at 7/8 turn from a soft stop.