198? Yamaha Enduro 40.

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class
Alright well im assuming its the carbs but I just want to make sure. I have a 40 Yamaha and its really hard to start but runs pretty well when started. Its a manual pull 2 cyclinder daul carb and she wears me out after about 15 pulls. The only way i can seem to get it started is to hold the trottle on the tiller wide open and just pull the cord till my arms get sore. Id say compression but shes got alot of it... So im thinking shitty gas or dirty carbs... But maybe im missing something and it could be really simple. Any one have any suggestions? She'll soon be meeting my Chrysler 105 at the bottom of the lake if i dont figure this out.

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: 198? Yamaha Enduro 40.

hey Alan ... howzit going? The yamaha enduro's are great motors ... had the same problem with one of mine, it just needs a good service .. (well for your sake I hope so) ... well the one I have anyway .... I just changed the plugs, gave the carbs a real good clean, changed lower unit gear oil, fuel filters etc, ..... ran perfect since .... it isn't fun at all pulling your arm out of socket trying to start the damn thing ... hahaha .... I used many outboards for an anchor when it doesn't wanto budge ... hahahaha

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 198? Yamaha Enduro 40.

LOL hey bud. Just haven trouble with this motor i think she just needs a good cleaning (damn im lazy) and Ye i belive the best ancor seems to be the Chrysler outboard motor, there really heavey and useless so they make a great ancor. Im gonna clean the carbs and clean the filters and hopefully be good to go