150 yamaha 2 cycle steering

snits

Recruit
I just picked up a boat with a 150 yamaha 6 outboard. The previous owner installed a new steering link (rack and pinion) and cable. The boat is a bayliner, but it appears the new steering is a aftermarket set up. The problem being, he put it all togeather,but where the steering cable attaches to the motor there is no threaded part to attach the cable nut too.

thus the cable just moves around. Any Ideas where I could get the correct fitting for the motor.?

Snits

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 150 yamaha 2 cycle steering

its all after market, yamaha does not manufactur the steering,yet.
not knowing what system was installed its hard to say, some systems go through the tilt tube and others bolt to the transom.
google TELEFLEX and you should find some diagrams.

if the end of the tilt tube is rusted off you have 2 options, one is replace the tube, yamaha calls it a bolt, or add the splashwell support set up. on a 150 I dont like the splashwell mount.
in fact a 150 is pushing a single cable set up but its done all the time.

snits

Recruit

rodbolt said:
its all after market, yamaha does not manufactur the steering,yet.
not knowing what system was installed its hard to say, some systems go through the tilt tube and others bolt to the transom.
google TELEFLEX and you should find some diagrams.

if the end of the tilt tube is rusted off you have 2 options, one is replace the tube, yamaha calls it a bolt, or add the splashwell support set up. on a 150 I dont like the splashwell mount.
in fact a 150 is pushing a single cable set up but its done all the time.

snits

Recruit

thanks Rebolt. I believe it is a teleflex set up. The cable rod goes through the yamaha "bolt" I will see if they have a diagram.

It is a single cable set up..

snits