1993 Suzuki DT75 acting up...please help

mcgupta

Cadet
Thanks in advance for all replies. I am experiencing 2 problems which are probably interrelated.

1. The motor starts without problems but tends to die if kept in neutral at low revs for too long. Before it dies there is almost always a loud heavy whistle sound (like some sort of pressure loss) :|. It seems to be coming from the block itself and not from any of the tubes, as far as I can tell. Other than that the motor runs and tops off at about 35miles/hr.

2. At full speed (about 35 miles) if the water gets bumpy, the motor starts to slow down and lose power till it finally dies over a few secs time. Moving the throttle doesn't do anything once this condition is hit. The only way to fix this is to shut off the motor:%, wait for 5-10 secs and restart and it works fine until it hits choppy water again.:devil:

I am thinking of getting carbs rebuilt but not sure if that would help. I tried the aerosol carb cleaner but that didn't help. I am also thinking of replacing the pressure equalizer tubes that connect just behind the 3 carbs and the fuel lines. But I am not convinced if that would fix things, just one other thing to rule out. I would really appreciate if anyone can help:'(. Thanks so much.