Suzuki 140 water leak problem

imported_jari

Recruit
Dear all,
I have some problems with the water leak in to the engine bowl i.e. if i remove the engine cover there is some water inside after I have been out the sea. If I keep the boat stand by and I m running the motor, I can repeat the problem. I have checked that the engine cover is correctly in place. Do you have any ideas what this is about ?
Best regards,
Jari

imported_jari

Recruit
Re: Suzuki 140 water leak problem

Correcting one mistake in my problem description: "If i keep the boat stand by and I m runnig the motor, I can NOT repeat..."
Regards,
Jari

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Whatever you said there still makes no sense .... maybe you pull the throttle back to quick and then the whole wave comes over the engine like I sometime do ........

imported_jari

Recruit

I can neither figure out the problem why it is happening and it does not make sense. I was thinking that there should be crack in the enegine bowl, but I was not able to detect that. I put water into the engine bowl and it didn't come out.
Regards,
Jari

deejaycee_2000

Captain

check the tighness of the head gasket and the thermostat cover screws, if one of these screws get loose they will spray water inside the cowling, run the motor without the cover to check if water is leaking somewhere, there should be a draining hole in the cowling for water that get inside there ....