Rigging an older Yamaha oil tank on a 2005 115hp

Rundeep_32

Recruit
Hi all,<br /><br />Well, I spent a very frustrating weekend trying to rig the new Yamaha 115 to my Boston Whaler. I cannot find the oil tank plug on the main engine harness to connect the oil tank wiring harness. On the 2005 Yamaha main engine harness I have the following connections:<br /><br />- The main round plug<br />- A small 2 wire connection that is already mated to another wire (that looks like it goues to the trim sender on the outboard)<br />- A 4 pin female plug<br />- A 4 pin male plug<br /><br />The two 4 pin plugs are connected to a brand new Yamaha digital tach gauge via the $180 yamaha harness. The main round plug is connected to the main wiring harness that connects to the ignition, tilt switch, etc.<br /><br />I've searched through the archives on this site and it seems that one of the above mentioned 4 pin plugs may indeed be for the oil tank harness because the wire colors are Blue, Brown, Black, Black/Red..... If this is the case, where does the other tach harness plug go?<br /><br />So all of the plugs on the engine main harness are used and there is no place to connect the oil tank wiring. One thing to note--I bought the 1999 Yamaha oil tank and 1999 Yamaha oil tank harness off ebay, so I dont know if they are compatible with a 2005 motor's wiring... though I don't know why Yamaha would change the wiring on a motor that is going to be phased out.<br /><br />Please help!<br /><br />Thanks, Ed

GetReel

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Rigging an older Yamaha oil tank on a 2005 115hp

is the engine new never run, if so it might be in the black plastic box next to the trottle & shift on the lower cowl, open it up it should be a blue wire with plug , throw the black plastic cover in the trash can.