Suzuki Tilt/Trim won't work

drunkin_russian

Recruit
I have a Suzuki DT115 115HP 2-stroke engine, around mid 80's.<br /><br />As i lifted the trim, it slowed, and then stopped. now i cannot get the engine to move up or down. The solenoids appear to click when i press up or down, but nothing happens. the battery terminals aren't corroded, and all connections appear to be good, no fuses are clogged or anything.<br /><br />Can someone please help, thanks in advance.

don evans

Recruit
Re: Suzuki Tilt/Trim won't work

should be a release screw on the bottom of the motor,turn it and it will let your motor down,and reset it

don evans

Recruit

i have 25hp four strock suzuki 2004.power trin sylinder has a seal leak on the top i have talked to a few people about this .their is no seal made for this to fix cheap said i had to by the hole tilt and trim for $1040.00 just because they didn;t make a top seal ring for that sylnder .let me know if ther is any thin else i can do thanks

aztecrich

Cadet

I have a Suzuki DT115 115HP 2-stroke engine, around mid 80's.<br /><br />As i lifted the trim, it slowed, and then stopped. now i cannot get the engine to move up or down. The solenoids appear to click when i press up or down, but nothing happens. the battery terminals aren't corroded, and all connections appear to be good, no fuses are clogged or anything.<br /><br />Can someone please help, thanks in advance.

I have a mid 80's DT115/140 and i had the same problem, What i found was there was a ground wire inside the rear/top of the motor that was burned apart. I put a new wire in and reassemebd the motor to fix it, Not an easy job but can be done, No room to work, Brushes are hard to get back over the armature but i ws able to do it, In the mean time while i had the end off the motor I used a reversable drill on the end of the armature to raise and lower the motor.
Hope this helps
A rertired just wanna go fishing guy