1997 80hp Yamaha outboard

ryantcobb

Cadet
:confused: :confused: Looking at buying a 1997 2 cycle 80hp Yamaha outboard...<br /><br /><br /> Does anyone know anything about this year motor, I notice that yamaha doesn't make a 80hp today, and as far as I know this seems to be the only 80hp, that Yamaha made? i guess ? . Was this year a good year for Yamaha? Is this a good motor? Can I still get parts for this motor today? Is and was this a reliabily outboard. Was this outboard built well? What are the pros and cons of a Yamaha 80hp????????????????<br /><br /> I certainly don't want to buy this motor IF this was the only year that Yamaha made the 80hp, b/c this only means that it was a bad year??????<br /><br /><br /> Please anyinfo before Sunday would help<br /><br /> Thanks in advance Rcobb in SC

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1997 80hp Yamaha outboard

the C80 is about the same as the C85 and many other 3cyl yamahas. good solid engine but like ALL brands usually dies from lack OF CORRECT maint.

ryantcobb

Cadet
Re: 1997 80hp Yamaha outboard

Thx rodbolt --but what do you call correct maint?? Is their anything i should be looking for when I visually inspect motor and do a compression check? thx for info